Day Nursery & Preschool
19 Shifford Crescent
Monday – Friday: 07.30 – 18.00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Shifford Crescent based just outside of Maidenhead town centre.
Furze Platt Station is a 12 minute walk from the nursery.
There are parking spaces available outside the nursery for easy and safe drop off/pick up.
Poppies Maidenhead, rated Good by Ofsted (June 2022), offers a warm and friendly welcome where children enjoy inspirational learning experiences, both indoors and outside.
We opened our doors in Shifford Crescent, within the community of Furze Platt, in summer 2018, providing the highest quality care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
Children who attend our purpose-built nursery benefit from light and spacious nursery rooms with high quality resources, including a lending library, and access to safe and secure ground-level and rooftop gardens.
We have a close relationship with parents and encourage our children to become resilient, independent, confident learners, giving them the skills they will need for school.
Nappy Wipes & Cream
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
Our sensory room provides an environment in which children can experience special sound and visual effects, tactile experiences, vibration, use of aromas and music. Activities focus on brain stimulation and developing senses such as touch, sight, sound and smell, as well as the sense of wellbeing and relaxation.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Poppies Day Nursery
- Our Baby room offers the perfect place for children to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our Toddler room is where our children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- The children have the opportunity to learn French through music and songs promoting a love of language at an early age.
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We provide smaller group learning opportunities to focus on life skills and preparing the children for their next step into school
- The children continue to learn French through music and songs promoting a love of language at an early age
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance and strength.
- Our large garden is a real feature where children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area
- Our babies enjoy free flow into their own roof-top garden
- Our garden is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges to develop large motor skills
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Hi I’m Veshi. I become part of Family First in Nov 2021, and joined Poppies in Maidenhead bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience from local Good and Outstanding nurseries. My focus is to promote a high quality of education, by training and mentoring staff to recognise childrens unique development needs to deliver positive outcomes.
I have an Early Years Degree, gained whilst leading children’s education for over 10 years.
Away from nursery life, I love outdoor exploration with my family and our German Shepherd who is our world!
Hi, I’m Donna and have been part of the Poppies family since January 2013 and have supported the team in developing Poppies Old Windsor and now Poppies Maidenhead. I started off my career within Poppies as Deputy Manager before being promoted to Assistant Manager in August 2017.
Since August 2018, I have led the team at Poppies Maidenhead as Nursery Manager. I hold a Level 4 qualification in Early Years and have extensive experience educating and caring for young children, particularly babies. I have two grown up children of my own and also a young granddaughter.
Since October 2021, I have taken on the role of Deputy Manager at Poppies Maidenhead.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 24th June, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.