Day Nursery & Preschool
Monday – Friday: 07.30 – 18.00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Hedgerley Lane in Beaconsfield, which is close to the M40 Junction.
The nursery has allocated parent parking for easy access.
Poppies Beaconsfield, rated Good by Ofsted, offers a warm and friendly welcome where children from 3 months to 5 years enjoy inspirational learning experiences.
Our nursery is based on a former farm across two spacious barn conversions in Hedgerley Lane.
The nursery, which opened over 20 years ago, has an outstanding outdoor environment and an expert childcare team, who are extremely committed to providing the highest quality care and education.
We promote close parent partnerships and provide daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities, so you have wonderful memories of their time at Poppies.
Our sensory room provides an environment in which children can experience special sound and visual effects, tactile experiences, vibration, use of aromas and music. Activities focus on brain stimulation and developing senses such as touch, sight, sound and smell, as well as the sense of wellbeing and relaxation.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Poppies Day Nursery
- Our Baby room offers the perfect place for children to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our Toddler room is where our children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We provide smaller group learning opportunities to focus on life skills and preparing the children for their next step into school
- The children have the opportunity to learn French through music and songs promoting a love of language at an early age
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance and strength.
- Our large garden is a real feature where children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our garden is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges to develop large motor skills
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Hi, I’m Kim and in September 2013 I graduated from University with a BA Honours Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies. I have worked at Poppies Beaconsfield for over 20 years (previously Beaconsfield Nursery) and have built strong relationships with the families who attend. I love seeing the children grow and develop, and can always be found reading stories and playing with them.
I hold the National Nursery Examination Board Certificate.
Hi, I’m Katie, Deputy Manager, and have worked at the nursery for over 16 years and have a vast experience working with babies and young children. I was promoted to Deputy Manager in April 2017.
I have a level 3 childcare qualification.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 25th February, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.